Friday 27 June 2014

HJ Prem . . .

 Here I am thinking 'Toolie Week' comes after the end of the school year and look what I find in the front of my Prem. . .
 As the pics show, Hodgey has had a big day all round, including cutting the hole in my bonnet for the air cleaner. I can't tell you how wrapt I am in the progress and the 'Horn' appeal of the new look. What the pics don't show is the cut-out for the bonnet is an oval shape with a lot of the cut-out being behind the air-cleaner, thus giving the hot air from the engine bay somewhere to escape and not get sucked into the engine through the air-cleaner. Another Hodgey mod that goes to show the knowledge inside that rather large, bald head. . .
 You can't believe the way the front end has come together, the gaps around the bonnet are sooo FN even, it's fantastic. I haven't done anything but screw all the guards in place and this is the first time that the bonnet has been put in place and it fits perfectly. . .
Close-up of the twin VT Commodore auto-trans oil coolers that I've mounted in front of the radiator. My trans is a fully manualised Turbo350 and I'm keen to keep it cool to prevent any overheating. . .

No comments: