Sunday 5 October 2014

Chopped . . .


Let me tell you from the start that when I heard that this year's show was going to cost around the $50 mark, I was not going full stop. Anyway, as time got closer, I relented and eventually Hodgey and I made the hour long trip to the 'Event' known as Chopped. Well folks, I'm certainly glad I did because when next year's show comes around I can safely say "No fucking way in Hell"! What a fucking waste of money. If I wanted to go to a circus, I would wait until Silvers comes back every year. I have never seen such a bunch of disorganised rabble in all my life! Apart from the tragic event of the young kid being critically injured and the moron rolling his shit-box XP with four passengers on board, it was hard to find a genuine highlight. As for the cars, 10% were worth looking at and the other 90% was unroadworthy shit that shouldn't be allowed in the paddock let alone driven to a car show?My highlight of the show was found in the food hall with the best hamburger that I've been served in a long, long time. If only I could get the Hamburger Cart in the Safeway carpark to serve beetroot in their hamburgers I would be a happy man. . .
How is it that one of the biggest 'local' aftermarket car-parts manufacturers are heard to say, "We don't bring parts anymore, because we are now the biggest sellers of 'Moon-eyes' TShirts in Australia." I suppose that after you get flogged $50 a day at the front gate, you'd need fucking big pockets to be able to afford food, let alone buying some spare parts from a vendor?  So folks . . .if you want to watch morons ride shitty old dirt bikes with the exhaust pipes removed, round and round the venue and through the camps and food stalls. this place is for you . . .me, I'm giving it a big miss!
Value for money . . . 1 / 10
Entertainment . . .      2 / 10
Cars . . .                      As above.
Hamburgers . . .         10/ 10.

I'm signing my name to this, so no-one else gets the blame . . .
Bruce

No comments: